Find a Knitting Group
Ravelry.com is the Facebook for knitters! If you haven't joined already, we highly recommend it! It's free, and it's a real cornucopia of things that will interest you as well as a great place to meet other knitters online. We're especially thinking of you extremely talented knitters out on the prairie, on the Iron Range, and up North, as well as those of you who've moved away and are living outside the region.
To find a knitting group near you or find out more about knitting around town, check out the Minnesota Knitters Guild's Ravelry group! Click the 'Local knitting meetups' thread to see descriptions of groups around Minneapolis, St. Paul, Duluth, and anywhere else that we know about.
How to Start A Knitting Group or Find More Knitters for Your Group
To list a regular knitting group that is accepting newcomers, please provide this information:
- The group name
- Meeting dates/day of the week (e.g., the 15th of each month, the 1st Tuesday, every Saturday, etc...)
- Meeting location (name of the place and the address)
- The times of the meetings
- Contact information (RavelryID, email, or phone number)
- Other information about the group, such as 'good lighting' or 'comfy couches' or 'park in back' or anything else a knitter would want to know.
- Email to Jennifer Presnell at .
- On Ravelry, send a private message to Ariashley.
- On the Ravelry group discussion board for the Minnesota Knitters' Guild, post the message on the 'Local knitting meetups' thread.